At First United Methodist Church, we have several options for Sunday School and Weekday Bible Studies. Below is just a small amount of information.
You can sign up here for any class and scroll down until you see "Sign up for Bible Studies." You can sign up for more than one class at a time.
Weekday/Night Bible Studies
Tuesday Evening Bible Study
A women's class is held every Tuesday evening from 5:30-6:30. Childcare is provided at no cost. This class meets in the Welcome Center classroom and is led by Pat Bodenhamer. Begins back September 18.
"66 Love Letters: A Conversation with God that Invites You into His Story"
Have you ever read the Bible only to come away confused? Ever wondered if God actually had you in mind when He began telling His story? Though life may not be going according to your plan, God has another one, far better than you can imagine. From Genesis to Revelation, experience His invitation to get you dancing with joy!
On October 30 we will meet for dinner at Hyde Park. Bring your letters and we will discuss part of them.
Men's Morning Bible Study
This class is held every Wednesday morning at 6:00 a.m. Led by Pastor John.
Women's Morning Bible Study
This session is held every Wednesday morning at 9:30 unil 11:00 a.m. In the Welcome Center classroom.
On September 19, the class will do a study on Matthew. “Falling in Love with Jesus…Again” is a verse by verse Bible study video series of the Book of Matthew with Pastor Bob Russell.
Wednesday Night Bible Study
Ladies Lunch Connection Study
Will meet from 11:30-12:30 pm beginning October 4.
This group of ladies will meet for lunch at different places throughout Paragould. It is intended for professional women (stay at home moms are included in this!) who get an hour for lunch. We will lunch together and discuss the book "Craving Connection."
We all long for meaningful relationships, the Colossians 3:14 kind that fulfill our desire for unity and connection with God, our friends, and our community. But where do we start? Craving Connection is a journey where (in)courage writers share real-life stories, practical Scripture application, and connection challenges that will encourage you to embrace the desire God has given each of us for connection, invest in meaningful relationships, right where God has you, become the friend you wish you had.
October 4 Chow at One Eighteen
October 11 Kiss the Cook
October 18 Brick Oven
October 25 TaMolly's
November 1 Avanzare
November 8 Iron Horse BBQ
Wednesday Night Study--Unshakeable Hope
Sunday School Classes for Adults
9:00 am Class
- Early Bird-
Since all other Sunday School Classes meet at 10:00 a.m., the Early Bird Class was started several years ago for those members of FUMC who ordinarily attend 8:00 church and wanted to meet together for study immediately after that early service. Most of our members are in the age range of middle-age to older, but we welcome any person who would like to attend our class. We have two great teachers—Beverly Crawford and Donna Jones—who present our weekly lessons from Adult Bible Studies and lead our discussions. We are ongoing in mission by making regular monetary donations to various FUMC projects and to community charities. Members of the Early Bird Class provide loving group support for each other in times of any kind of need. This class meets in the room outside the sanctuary.
10:00 am Classes
- Alpha Class - This class ranges in age from mid to late 40s and up. They enjoy study that provokes discussion. They meet on the 2nd floor next door to the music office.
- Coffee Break Class - Single and married adults, loosely in the age range of 35 - 50. They use various studies that lead to class discussion. They meet on the second floor.
- Fellowship Class/Prayer Corner Class - This class consists of members of all ages, married and single. They meet in the smaller classroom on the basement level.
- Homemakers Class is our longest running class. This class has been together well over 50 years. In fact, a few of them remember the "old" church. They are a vibrant group of women (and men) who love studying together. They meet in the chapel, just off of the narthex.
- Pairs and Spares meet in the Welcome Center Classroom. There is a wide range of ages, generally from the 60's upward, although all ages are welcome. The class consists of married couples as well as singles coming from a broad range of backgrounds and life experiences. The members of this class are deeply and actively involved in many ministry areas of our church. They use the Adult Bible Study for curriculum.
- Sisters in Spirit is a women's class that meets in the room off of the sanctuary. They vary in ages and enjoy study material relative to their faithwalk with Christ.
- Transitions Class - This class consists of mostly married and single young adults. Many of them have young children. This class studies contemporary topics that meet them where they are in their lives: beginning families, living out our faith in our jobs, dealing with life, etc. They meet in an office on the 2nd floor down from the Coffee Break class.
- Wesley Class This class is a mixed age group class. This group enjoys study material written by authors like Kalas, Moore, and others. They have a great time in study and fellowship. They meet in the large classroom on the basement level.
- Faithworks This class is geared for young adults ages 18-25. The ultimate goal of the class is Working Through Faith as they take their faith outside the church walls and live as ambassadors for Christ. They meet on the 4th floor in the northeast classroom.