At First United Methodist Church, we have several options for Sunday School and Weekday Bible Studies. Below is just a small amount of information.
You can sign up here for any class and scroll down until you see "Sign up for Bible Studies." You can sign up for more than one class at a time.
Weekday/Night Bible Studies
Tuesday Lunch Bible Study
This study starts January 21 at noon in the community room and is led by Rev. Dane.
"Breaking the Code: Understanding the Book of Revelation:" Although many Christians find the book of Revelation to be full of great beauty and comfort, others find this part of the Bible bizarre, bewildering, and sometimes frightening. This study provides one of the most important and trustwrothy gudies of Revelation, and now includes findings from the most current biblical research.
Men's Early Morning Bible Study
This class will begin January 15. This class is held every Wednesday morning at 6:00 a.m. This study is lead by Chase. The class will study "John: the Gospel of Light and Life."
Women's Morning Bible Study
This session is held every Wednesday morning at 9:30 unil 11:00 a.m. In the Welcome Center classroom.
On January 15, we will study "Detours," a study by Tony Evans.
Are life's detours slowing you down? Perhaps you're being redirected so God can keep you away from hazards, clear away debris, or make improvements! Walk with Evans through the life of Joseph and discover why and how God uses these unpredictable byways to bring about his blessing and reveal his plan for you.
Wednesday Afternoon/Night Classes
How Happiness Happens
John: The Gospel of Light and Life
Breaking the Code: Understanding the Book of Revelation
"Detours" Wednesday morning study
Sunday School Classes for Adults
9:00 am Class
- Early Bird-
Since all other Sunday School Classes meet at 10:00 a.m., the Early Bird Class was started several years ago for those members of FUMC who ordinarily attend 8:00 church and wanted to meet together for study immediately after that early service. Most of our members are in the age range of middle-age to older, but we welcome any person who would like to attend our class. We have two great teachers—Beverly Crawford and Donna Jones—who present our weekly lessons from Adult Bible Studies and lead our discussions. We are ongoing in mission by making regular monetary donations to various FUMC projects and to community charities. Members of the Early Bird Class provide loving group support for each other in times of any kind of need. This class meets in the room outside the sanctuary.
10:00 am Classes
- Alpha Class - This class ranges in age from mid to late 40s and up. They enjoy study that provokes discussion. They meet on the 2nd floor next door to the music office.
- Coffee Break Class - Single and married adults, loosely in the age range of 35 - 50. They use various studies that lead to class discussion. They meet on the second floor.
- Fellowship Class/Prayer Corner Class - This class consists of members of all ages, married and single. They meet on the first level.
- Homemakers Class is our longest running class. This class has been together well over 50 years. In fact, a few of them remember the "old" church. They are a vibrant group of women (and men) who love studying together. They meet in the chapel, just off of the narthex.
- Pairs and Spares meet in the Welcome Center Classroom. There is a wide range of ages, generally from the 60's upward, although all ages are welcome. The class consists of married couples as well as singles coming from a broad range of backgrounds and life experiences. The members of this class are deeply and actively involved in many ministry areas of our church. They use the Adult Bible Study for curriculum.
- Sisters in Spirit is a women's class that meets in the room off of the sanctuary. They vary in ages and enjoy study material relative to their faithwalk with Christ.
- Transitions Class - This class consists of mostly married and single young adults. Many of them have young children. This class studies contemporary topics that meet them where they are in their lives: beginning families, living out our faith in our jobs, dealing with life, etc. They meet in the Gathering Room near the kitchen.
- Wesley Class This class is a mixed age group class. This group enjoys study material written by authors like Kalas, Moore, and others. They have a great time in study and fellowship. They meet in the classroom on the first floor.
- Life Class This class meets on the 2nd floor. This is a group of younger parents.