At First United Methodist Church, we have several options for Sunday School and Weekday Bible Studies. Below is just a small amount of information.
You can sign up here for any class and scroll down until you see "Sign up for Bible Studies." You can sign up for more than one class at a time.
Weekday/Night Bible Studies
Tuesday Evening Bible Study
This class has stopped for the summer and will resume in the fall.
A women's class is held every Tuesday evening from 5:30-6:30. Childcare is provided at no cost. This class meets in the Welcome Center classroom.
Men's Morning Bible Study
This class is held every Wednesday morning at 6:00 a.m. They have stopped for the summer and will resume in the fall.
Women's Morning Bible Study
This session is held every Wednesday morning at 9:30 unil 11:00 a.m. In the Welcome Center classroom.
The class is doing a study on Matthew. “Falling in Love with Jesus…Again” is a verse by verse Bible study video series of the Book of Matthew with Pastor Bob Russell. This study will run through the end of May. A study on Proverbs will happen after that in the first Wednesday of June.
Wednesday Night Bible Study
Join us on Wednesday nights starting June 12th at 6:00 p.m. for a new women's Bible study. The class will be studying "Proven” by Jennie Allen.
Too many of us walk through life feeling as if we don't measure up. We always seem to thirst for more. We think if we could only work harder or be better, we could be enough. But the truth is, we will never be enough. And thankfully, we don’t have to be. In this 8-session study, Jennie Allen walks through key passages in the Book of John to demonstrate how only Jesus is enough. We don't have to prove anything because Jesus has already proven everything. Discover how our thirsty hearts can only be quenched by the living water.
This study will meet in the Welcome Center classroom.
All other Wednesday Night Bible Studies have ended for the semester and will resume in September.
Sunday School Classes for Adults
9:00 am Class
- Early Bird-
Since all other Sunday School Classes meet at 10:00 a.m., the Early Bird Class was started several years ago for those members of FUMC who ordinarily attend 8:00 church and wanted to meet together for study immediately after that early service. Most of our members are in the age range of middle-age to older, but we welcome any person who would like to attend our class. We have two great teachers—Beverly Crawford and Donna Jones—who present our weekly lessons from Adult Bible Studies and lead our discussions. We are ongoing in mission by making regular monetary donations to various FUMC projects and to community charities. Members of the Early Bird Class provide loving group support for each other in times of any kind of need. This class meets in the room outside the sanctuary.
10:00 am Classes
- Alpha Class - This class ranges in age from mid to late 40s and up. They enjoy study that provokes discussion. They meet on the 2nd floor next door to the music office.
- Coffee Break Class - Single and married adults, loosely in the age range of 35 - 50. They use various studies that lead to class discussion. They meet on the second floor.
- Fellowship Class/Prayer Corner Class - This class consists of members of all ages, married and single. They meet in the smaller classroom on the basement level.
- Homemakers Class is our longest running class. This class has been together well over 50 years. In fact, a few of them remember the "old" church. They are a vibrant group of women (and men) who love studying together. They meet in the chapel, just off of the narthex.
- Pairs and Spares meet in the Welcome Center Classroom. There is a wide range of ages, generally from the 60's upward, although all ages are welcome. The class consists of married couples as well as singles coming from a broad range of backgrounds and life experiences. The members of this class are deeply and actively involved in many ministry areas of our church. They use the Adult Bible Study for curriculum.
- Sisters in Spirit is a women's class that meets in the room off of the sanctuary. They vary in ages and enjoy study material relative to their faithwalk with Christ.
- Transitions Class - This class consists of mostly married and single young adults. Many of them have young children. This class studies contemporary topics that meet them where they are in their lives: beginning families, living out our faith in our jobs, dealing with life, etc. They meet in an office on the 2nd floor down from the Coffee Break class.
- Wesley Class This class is a mixed age group class. This group enjoys study material written by authors like Kalas, Moore, and others. They have a great time in study and fellowship. They meet in the large classroom on the basement level.